Wednesday, January 25, 2012

l'Arc de Triomphe and le Champ de Elysees

          Today I did not have class so I luckily was able to sleep in for awhile! I think I am starting to adjust to this time zone because I am not waking up as much during the night and it is wonderful!! 
          After breakfast I decided to go for a run in the Luxembourg Gardens. So I got dress and put on my black yoga pants, black t-shirt and white jacket, but once I got to the park I realized the French not only don't wear white normally they don't wear white while working out either. Needless to say, I very much stood out amongst a large group of runners wearing all black. The Luxembourg Gardens are beautiful though! There are statues and benches all around the park and many people are feeding the birds, smooching their significant other or just wandering around the gardens. There is a palace in the gardens and it is so big! There were guards standing in front of it and I am pretty sure I heard one say to the other something about a "veste blanche" white jacket to the other guard....dumb American. I did finish my run and headed back to the apartment to get ready for the day!
          Today, my roommate, Jasmine from Boston and I decided to see the l'Arc de Triomphe and le Champ de Elysees. We took the metro to where we thought we were supposed to go but we ended up three stops short. We decided to walk around for a bit anyway and we saw so many beautiful buildings! I am trying to look them up on a map but I am not finding the names of what we saw! One I am sure was a museum and there was an Elie Saab sign out front, he is a very famous designer, and we thought maybe there was going to be a show there later that night? 


One of the neat buildings we saw!

Le Grande Roue (The great wheel) at the end of le Champ de Elysees.


The Eiffel Tower can be seen from everywhere! 



A bridge across the Seine. 

l'Arc de Triomphe

Ya Pi Phi!! I got lots of strange stares during this picture!

l'Arc de Triomphe is HUGE!




A view down le Champ de Elysees and if you look right above the white van you can see la Grande Roue!

          Today was another day of touring and learning more about the metro and the city! The more I explore the more I love it! Every street is so different from the last! Wine shops and bakeries on every corner are always fun to look at and there are clothing stores everywhere too! My French has improved immensely in only the five days I have been here but I love it! Tomorrow is a full day of school from 9:00 to 5:00 and I hope it is a good one! I miss you all very much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment