Friday, January 20, 2012

Je suis arrivée!

Dad and I at a French Bistro!


Hey everyone! Here is an update on what we've been up to in the past several hours! Wednesday night I packed and packed and packed and got ready to leave on thursday morning! Thursday morning came and I said my goodbyes to Mom and Cali as they headed off to school and left Ella, Tym and I's rather large and attention oriented puppy, to finish packing! Although Ella is definitely no help when it comes to packing, it was nice to have her around because now I miss her a lot! 
Dad and I arrived at the airport in plenty of time for me to rearrange my suitcases in order to distribute my slightly overweight suitcase into the smaller two and for Dad to get stopped in security because they thought he had explosive baby power in his bag. Seriously, they were testing it with chemicals and whatnot and I waited for over 5 minutes for the security guard to let him though! From there we flew to Dallas and Dad took me for a good ol' fatty cheeseburger and fries one last time, it was delicious! From Dallas we flew to Paris and just under 9 hours later we safely arrived at the airport! We took a taxi to my school, the Paris American Academy, and got moved into my temporary apartment. 
My roommate, Amanda McIntyre, is also a student at Iowa State and arrived only an hour before we did. She gave dad and I a tour of the apartment and we set to unpacking. The apartment has an upstairs with a trundle bed and another bed that tucks up into the wall. The bathroom is nice too and the best part is the basement! In the basement we have a washer and dryer, a full kitchen area with a wine rack in the fridge and an eating area too! There also is a sweet little studio behind the kitchen area that has a bright red couch, modern furniture and lights coming out of the floor! 
We had lunch at a little Bistro just up the street from my apartment and also bought some groceries so we have things for breakfast in the morning! Tomorrow Amanda, Dad and I are headed to Normandy to explore the beaches and to see the war monuments! We will be taking the TGV (French bullet train) and should be a great trip! I will have pictures from Normandy for you all to see tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment