Monday, February 6, 2012

Sacré Cœur and the Fabric District

Hey everyone!! I am so so sorry it has been ages since I have updated you! Things here have been picking up since I had to move into a new apartment last wednesday and classes are in full swing now! I have lots of different things to tell you about so I will just do one post at a time for right now!
Last wednesday I moved into my new apartment. It is a three person apartment that has four people living in it. The apartment is actually decent sized considering there are four of us in a three person room but we have a small bedroom with three teeny,weeny beds and a bed in the living room for Amanda because she snores. Our beds are so small and close to the ground that I can almost lay my whole arm on the ground from the bed....literally, I am sleeping on an army cot...but it is better than the tiny little couch that I was on before.
Here are our three tiny little beds and our three big closets in the background. I am standing on our little balcony in order to get the whole room in the picture! 

Our living room area and in the back you can see the bathroom door and kitchen door on the right. 

A look down our hallway with the bathroom, kitchen and toilet to our right and three more closets to the left. 

Also on wednesday we went up to the northern part of the city to buy fabric. We made sure to go during the day because we've heard that is not the safest part of the city at night. I found our way on the metro and we got off on a tiny little street where we could see the Sacré Cœur. It was huge and we were still a decent ways away. 

The Sacré Cœur is a large basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris. On top of a large hill that over looks the city from the top and is a big tourist draw, partly why it is not the safest part of the city. 


On the left you can slightly see the small merry-go-round that sits at the entrance to the Sacré Cœur. 

One of the multi-level fabric stores! 

Fabric sale outside! 


These few pictures inside of the store do not even do justice to how much fabric is inside of these stores! With so many floors and fabric bolts there are workers next to almost every table. All you have to do is pick up a bolt and they will cut your fabric on the spot! 

The Sacré Cœur was beautiful and I hope to go up sometime earlier in the day to actually get a good look at it! Maybe they'll let me ride the merry-go-round too? Yep, highly doubt that but it is worth a shot! It is just after midnight here and only 5:00 pm back at home, so for today this is a little update but tomorrow I will have more to share with you! Love you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment